Post Diagnostic Support
- An initial consultation, lasting one to two hours is designed to collect information about the client and offer further support and information about Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome according to individual needs. This consultation is available for people who may have had a diagnosis recently or in the past or who may be thinking about exploring a possible diagnosis. For some people this may be all they require from us at this point in time.
- For those requiring more detailed support, an agreed number of sessions can be arranged. This may include more detailed psychological assessment or other work to:
– Understand their diagnosis or explore solutions to difficulties;
– Look at current and future aspirations through solution focussed approaches;
– Or aid exploration of the typical issues with social communication, interactions and processing of information.
- We also offer post diagnostic support for clients on employment issues.
If you are looking to access to pre or post diagnostic support for you or a family member, contact Liz Keenan, the Consultant Clinical Psychologist, who will be able to discuss with you each package in more detail to see which is the right one for you.
How We Can Help Now
Information about autistic spectrum conditions is constantly evolving. At PFA we aim to keep in touch with new developments through local and national networks and through our links with autism researchers and people whose lives are affected by autism or Asperger’s Syndrome. This helps us to design and deliver a range of bespoke services, which are current, relevant and drawn from best practice. For more information about any of our services click below: