Training & Consultancy
Key Areas Of Development Include:
We design and deliver specific training for services or organisations that provide a comprehensive overview of ways in which autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) impact on people’s lives. Through our training and consultancy, we are committed to support people with autism or Asperger’s Syndrome in building the necessary links to achieve their potential.
Our services are tailored to meet the needs of a wide range of audiences, including: professionals working within the field of disability or neuro-diversity looking for professional development, further education colleges, service providers, employers and agencies and services within the criminal justice system.
Our approach to training and consultancy is very much dependent on individual needs and preferences. Building on the most effective strategies, we may design structured training courses to meet the needs of a specific group of participants or provide individual training or consultancy. We can also create a series of linked modules to build more in depth knowledge and understanding over a number of training sessions.
- Overview- what is Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)?
- ASD and learning disability .
- Higher Functioning Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome .
- Communication and Sensory issues .
- Challenging behaviour & risk assessment .
- Cognitive differences .
- Coping with transition.
- How to support and provide an autism friendly environment.
- A more in depth course to develop skills and competencies for those who want to go beyond a basic understanding of ASD .
- Bespoke courses designed to support specific organisations meet their responsibilities towards people with autism spectrum disorders e.g. employers and agencies supporting people into employment; schools and colleges supporting young adults through their transition to adult life, organisations working with young offenders with ASD.
- Through individual consultations and facilitated workshops, we support organisations working with people with ASDs to develop high quality services.
- Our service development package aims to push the boundaries of what can be offered through a single structured training course or series of modules .
- The package includes follow up and evaluation.
THE NICE GUIDELINE ON RECOGNITION, REFERRAL, DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF ADULTS ON THE AUTISM SPECTRUM (2012)
State that professionals and teams who may be working with people with autism who have associated mental health problems are expected to have an understanding of the core characteristics of autism and their possible impact on treatment. They also suggest that staff delivering interventions for coexisting mental health disorders should consider seeking advice from a specialist autism team regarding delivering and adapting these interventions for people with autism.
A consultancy service is provided to individuals and organisations who need support, advice or direction in relation to their work with people with autism and associated conditions
If you are a clinical psychologist, interested in furthering your personal and professional development in the field of autism and associated conditions Liz Keenan may be able to offer mentoring and/or clinical supervision.
To enquire about our clinical consultancy and supervision service please contact us.
How We Can Help Now
Information about autistic spectrum conditions is constantly evolving. At PFA we aim to keep in touch with new developments through local and national networks and through our links with autism researchers and people whose lives are affected by autism or Asperger’s Syndrome. This helps us to design and deliver a range of bespoke services, which are current, relevant and drawn from best practice. For more information about any of our services click below: